Top 5 reasons for becoming BPS Test User Qualified
Why Should I attend the BPS Test User: Occupational, Ability & Personality Certification?
We are often asked“why should I attend the BPS Test User certification?” Below is a list of the top 6 benefits of becoming BPS Test User qualified.
1. You gain a nationally recognised qualification in test use, recognised by employers throughout the UK, and increasingly internationally.
This is a great qualification which will enhance your CV and demonstrates to employers that you are trained to a nationally recognised standard in psychometric test use. This qualification indicates that you abide by ethical procedures and appropriate usages of psychometric tests.
2. You become a member of the BPS Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU).
Membership of the RQTU allows you to demonstrate to current and future employers your competence in test use. The RQTU is an online register of current and active test users who have gained a BPS qualification in test use, and is searchable by employers and clients. This means that any future employers or clients can check your qualifications.
3. Free online access to reviews of over 150 psychological / psychometric tests.
The BPS provides impartial test reviews which you can access free of charge. These can help you to choose an appropriate test, suitable for your needs, which you know has come from a reliable source.
4. Free e-Subscription to the BPS Psychologist magazine.
You gain free electronic access to “The Psychologist” which is the monthly publication of the BPS. This helps you to keep up to date with current research, publications and conferences in psychology.
Once you are qualified you are then eligible to join the Divisions, Sections and Special Groups of the BPS which are knowledge centres, that keep members up to date with the latest developments and research in specific areas of psychology.
5. Quarterly editions of Assessment & Development Matters (ADM) delivered to you and available online at the PTC website.
The ADM is another great publication by the British Psychological Society. This quarterly publication includes articles related to educational, forensic and occupational testing.
Find out more about becoming BPS Test User qualified: BPS Test User Training.